The core mission of the TSC is to make active contribution and instigation in the field of Higher art education as well as artistic world development internationally through cooperation and integration into the European and Global academic and artistic community.
International policy of the TSC aims
– To put TSC on global map as the higher institution carrying out the educational, research, artistic activities in the field of music
– To facilitate international cooperation and dialogue between the Georgian and European Music academies as well as support the process of the integration in the European as well as Global educational/artistic system.
– To improve constantly teaching and learning, creative and artistic activities, research and artistic research.
Therefore the main objectives for the internationalization of the TSC has been defined as follow:
– To promote and strengthen European dimension in music education;
– To establish and develop sustainable Strategic International Partnerships and international Collaboration
– To support incoming/outgoing mobility of students, academic/administrative staff
– To strengthen attractiveness of the TSC on both national as well as international level through carrying out the broad information policy about the institution;
– To attract the highest calibre of students and faculty
– To support measures which would result in considerable increase of the number of study courses delivered in English language
– To deliver information to students and academic/administrative staff about the actual tendencies as well as international perspective in all areas of studies (teaching, learning, research, artistic activity) and administration The activity plan from the strategic development of the Internationalization of the TSC
– Development of transnational teaching activities: joint study courses, in the field of traditional Georgian music (as part of Global Music), Music Pedagogy and Music Technology curriculum – To establish the Master program in Music Technology jointly elaborated with the Norwegian Music Academy
– To introduce new teaching methodology through establishment of the E-learning platforms in lecturing Research.
– To develop artistic research field together with the Bergen music academy and in close relationship with the AEC (Association of European music conservatoires)
– to stimulate international research projects
– Development of artistic research in frames of international collaboration resulting in the innovative and interdisciplinary curricula Creative/artistic activity.
– To contribute and stimulate to the development of the joint artistic projects in the traditional Georgian music field
– To carry out international festivals. competitions, joint concerts and etc
– Study learning environment.
– To create attractive student oriented study learning environment through the international projects
– Further development of non-discrimination policy in student and staff mobility;Individual mobility.
– exchange of the students under the Erasmus + ICM program as well as under the EURASIA program administered by the SIU (Center for international education of Norway ) It comprises student mobility for study purposes (up to 12 months) as well as internships within EU member state HEIs; also it contributes contributes towards international sharing of knowledge and experience involving all departments and administrative units of TSC within Europe and Schengen area; Strategic partnership
– To strengthen regional partnership: Nordic countries, EU and Schengen area
– To establish collaboration with the relevant music academies of UK
– To strengthen collaboration with the AEC (Association of European music conservatoires ) and participation in multi-lateral thematic networks administered and coordinated by AEC;
– To start working ) in the direction of Artistic Research in close connection with the AEC (Association of European music conservatoires) artistic research Working Group
– To become a member of the Global Music Network
– Participation in the international intensive projects in frames of Erasmus and EURASIA programs;
– to create International Advisory Board (IAB) for further evaluation of the quality of teaching, research and creativity as well as student centered learning at the TSC Short-term educational collaboration: masterclasses, workshops, intensive courses, seminars, lectures. conferences/symposia Partnership and cooperation with the international organizations, youth orchestras, choirs, international artists management agencies in all specialty related fields, societies and networks
International Relatoins Department, N225
Tel/Fax: 995 32 298 71 86